Feb 10, 2009

Freedom to Marry: Something Old

Musings of A Beautiful Mess

This week is Freedom to Marry week. Andy posted an entry about it, asking others to join her and The Other Mother to blog about the "olde" wedding traditions.

Here's what to do:

Each day next week, post to your blog or facebook page something on these topics, according to the "olde" wedding tradition:

Tuesday, Feb. 10... Something Old
Wednesday, Feb. 11... Something New
Thursday, Feb. 12... Something Borrowed
Friday, Feb. 13... Something Blue
Saturday, Feb. 14... Valentine's Day: Celebrate Love

You can post a photo, a memory, a poem, some music, or a combination.

We don't have many pictures of Husband and I together because our hard drive took a crap and all of our pictures are now on a thumb drive and various DVD's through out the house. So, I'll tell you how we met.

I was working at Fred Meyer counting bottles. It was my first job and I sucked horribly at it. He was working there as well and said the first time he saw me he did a double take. Apparently he had a girlfriend at the time, but there were on the outs. When they broke-up, he asked me out. I was so nervous to go, I didn't know what to wear or what to say. I hadn't been on many dates.

We went on our date and had a great time. He took me to see a scary movie. His thinking was that I'd get closer to him. He was right. I was almost in his lap during the whole movie. After the movie we went and had some coffee at Shari's. We talked and had a great time.

Our next date didn't go as smoothly as the date before. We went out to get something to eat, really casual. I wasn't feeling too well, but I did my best to hide it. I completely failed at this! As we were getting into his car, I was feeling a little light headed. By the time we got to my house, I had passed out. He took me out of his car and carried me into my house. My parents FREAKED out! Here was a boy they barley knew carrying their daughter into the house and she was barley conscious. My dad shot up and ran to the door with a look of murder in his eyes. That was Husband's account of the events, I don't remember much since I was in and out of consciousness. He told my parents he didn't drug me , nor were we drinking, and that I had just **passed out.

My parents were a bit un-trusting of him for along time. They eventually came around and here we are, almost 16 years later. It's been a bumpy road, but I wouldn't trade any of the bumps for anything.

**I wasn't eating because I was young and dumb and thought the best way to lose weight was not to eat. I hid this from my parents for a long time, this was the beginning of the whole anorexia BS we went through.

4 friends have commented:

Andy on February 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM said...

Great story! I can just imagine what your parents thought! Too funny.

Kristin on February 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM said...

Definitely an interesting start to a relationship. Glad he stuck through it and y'all are here today.

KimboSue on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 AM said...

Glad to know ya'll stuck it out for so many years!

Anonymous said...

LOL Well would you trust him? I'd have had you do blood work! :)

Post a Comment


Life induces thoughts, Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare - Blogger Template