*I totally stole this From Aunt Becky. In all fairness, I did tell her I was going to do it*
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?Ummmm, hmmm, lets see......I lost my son. I found him, but I didn't know where he was for almost 10 minutes. THE worst moment in my ENTIRE life!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution was to be more active.
I totally did that! I've gone on a jog or a walk ALMOST every day. The only time I didn't was when I was sick in July and when we were snowed in for 2 weeks.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my SIL and BIL had their daughter.
4. Did anyone close to you die?Nope. I'm not sure I could have gone through that again. I know I'll have to, I just don't know how I'm going to do it.
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace, I know that's corny, but I truly want some freakin' peace!
6. What countries did you visit?
Unless you count my head, none.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?We moved and got rid of our gas guzzling truck! We made a good decision!
9. What was your biggest failure?I didn't prepare my son for school like I should have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Yes, I was really sick in July.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My sexy jeans! w00t w00t!!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?My kids'. They TOTALLY rocked their smarts this year!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Besides my own, I would have to say one of my friend's. He didn't make the wisest of decisions.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jason Mraz, Beautiful Mess
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, but not by THAT much. I'm not sitting on the couch eating nothing but cookies and nearly getting a divorce. it's a start, yeah?
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner!!! Oh yeah! Eat something other then cookies and it happens, weird huh?
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. Not because we're making more money, but because it's not ALL going into a gas tank.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laughing and smiling. Being who I once was.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying. Oh how I loath and detest crying!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Ummmm, it's a little to soon to think about that. Hopefully I'll be spending it with my family intact.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
I’ll make up my own question here, then. Hmmm….
What would cheer you up today?A hot tub and a massage from a sexy man who doesn't speak a word of English.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, I fell in love with blogging and my reader *sigh*
23. How many one-night stands?I'm sitting here cracking up! I SO wish I had a juicy story of going to some foreign land and having a one night stand, telling my husband all about it and him giving me a high-five. And then marking that off a a bucket list I don't have. Sadly, I don't. It really is sad, though.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The L Word, hands DOWN! Love, love, LOVE that show!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?Can't say that I do.
26. What was the best book you read?
Eclipse. Totally 100% loved that book!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Mamma Mia soundtrack. I love ABBA and I love ALL the remakes!
28. What did you want and get?
A new car
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?
I turned 33 this year and I partied with ALL my friends and my lil sis and dad! Had a GREAT times, despite me singing into the mic and having no voice. Vodka makes you deaf as well as brave. Woohoo for dirty martinis!!!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting the hell over myself!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfortable but wearing heels every chance I got. Especially when picking up the children from school.
34. What kept you sane?
Wine and all the lovely people I have found through blogging. I *big puffy* heart you all!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jason Mraz, I am obsessed with that man. I wish my one night stand could include him!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of the gay rights issues. Pisses me off to NO end that everyone can't be equal.
37. Whom did you miss?My mom, of course.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone whom I've commented on a blog and has commented on mine. It's awesome!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Besides, the cliche "I only turned my back for a second" is true. Life is hard, if it were easy, it's be called a slut and not a bitch. Can't take credit for that one, but I say it so often I totally should!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It's okay to dance around it and have it your way
Laugh about it, oh for goodness sake
Don't believe in anything that's keeping you awake
Thank you Aunt Becky for allowing me to steal this from you!
Here's to a GREAT 2009!!