Mar 19, 2009
I got an award, two times! This award was given to me from Danifred at Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks AND SS from Still No Explanation. These two wonderful, talented, and beautiful women gave me this award a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting to them. Sorry ladies!
Here's what to do....
I am passing on this award to 8 blogs that I love..."These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award!"
1) Heather at Geek by Marriage. Heather, you rock! Your blog is fun to read, your funny, AND your daughter is going through the same thing mine is. I think it's time for a trip to Mexico at a swim up bar...what ya think? ;o)
2) Sunflowerchilde at A Little Hope. Sunflowerchilde, you're a very kind woman. It's been fun to get to know you through your blog and our emails. I'm so glad to have found you.
3) JamieD at The Therapist is In. No she isn't THE therapist, but is using her blog as one, like the rest of us are. Jamie. I've appreciated reading your words, especially the GREAT news you got yesterday! I'm traveling this road with you and couldn't be more excited for you.
4) Jenn from The Infertile Sushi-loving Princess. Jenn, I'm new to your blog and your comment on my last entry is so sweet. I can't even thank you enough. P.S. I LOVE the name of your blog. I *big puffy* heart sushi...mmmmmm. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.
5) Marie from Where is that special water? Marie, I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for you! I am so happy to share int his journey with you. From killing the mouse to worrying about EVERYTHING, I'm right there with ya.
6) Tracy at TSM. Tracy, we LIVE DOWN THE STREET FROM EACH OTHER!!!! How crazy is THAT?! I'm glad to have met you and can't wait to get to know you EVEN better!
7) Deathstar at A Woman My Age. You have been a wonderful supporter of mine, always a kind word. The shoes on your last post had me dreaming and looking at my feet all night long. Ahhhh beautiful, sexy shoes!
8) Eve at Infertility Rocks!. Eve, I know you had a bit of a rough day yesterday and I wish I could take your pain away, so all you'd ever know is joy. Sadly, that's impossible, but what I can offer you is a snarky remark and an alliance when you're feeling clomissy. I got your back, sista!
Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. It has been a rough week or so, but I think I'm slowing coming out of it. All thanks to all of you for guiding me to the surface. I have no idea where I would be without you and I don't want to know!
O.K. so my moment of truth, so to speak came on Monday. We had a meeting with Zilla's teacher about his writing. Which, he IS doing! He is actually writing a little story. This has got me completely floored! When he started school, he barely knew how to write his name. NOW, he's writing a story about how he gets picked up from school. It's pretty cool. I am a proud mama.
As we were talking to her, Zilla mentioned that he was going to his Nana and Papa's for spring break. Side note: she knows about my mom's passing. I mentioned to her, in case Zilla ever mentioned anything about talking to his Oma "in the clouds". I feel it is important for his teachers to know about it.
Anyway, she looks at my husband and myself and says "Oh is he going to your parents *me* or yours *husband's*? I got the tunnel vision right away and broke out into a sweat all over my body. I took a deep breath and Husband said "he's going to mine". WHEW saved by the Husband. I'm not sure if I could have spoke at that moment in time. After what felt like hours, but was actually minutes, I was OK. I felt the sadness in my heart, but I didn't break down in a puddle of tears. I know that these situations will help me in my journey to acceptance and that they are good for me, I just wish I could be prepared for them a bit more. I'll handle them better each time they happen and the fact that I didn't cry or get lost in a funk was HUGE!
It's getting better and that's all I can ask for. It just shows how far I've come and go far I will continue to go.