I've seen a few meme's out there that I've wanted to do. One was airing your dirty laundry anonymously. Cassandra held a contest while doing it. Cassandra got it from Jamie. Jamie did not hold a contest, but both of them were a lot of fun to read. Also Cecily, wrote a post about 25 things she's learned in the last 24 hours. I haven't learned much, in the last 24 hours, but I think if I combine the two, I could come up with a decent blog entry.
1. I've learned that no matter HOW many times I ask my 5 year old to put up the toilet seat, he will forget. And every time I catch him forgetting, all I see is his cute little tushy and him looking up at me saying "Oh sorry mommy, I forgot" and dammit, I can't get mad at him for it!
2. To those whom I cook meals for: you don't get to turn your nose up at my food. Nor do you get to complain that I only make "good food" when you're at work. If you don't like a meal, kindly tell me so. If you'd like me to make something for dinner on a certain night, let me know. I will try to accommodate, but if not...live with it! You're being fed, you shouldn't bitch about it.
3. I've learned that the hole in my heart, left by my mom's passing won't ever go away. There will always be reminders that hurt and in time, those reminders will be less painful, but there will always be a little hole there.
4. Please understand that my position as mother and a house wife are important to me. If you invite me to go out for drinks and my answer is; "sure, I just have to put the children to be first" do NOT give me shit for that. It is my JOB to put them to bed. Sure, their father can do it, but I enjoy doing it. It's our "thing". You may not understand it, but try to accept it. It's been that way since we have become friends, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
5. I have learned that the cliche "I only turned my back for a second" is a cliche for a reason. It may seem like a poor excuse, but it is the truth. I did, in fact, only turn my back for a second. That day will live in my memory forever and no matter that the outcome was not a nightmare, those 10 minutes or so were. I think about it almost every day of my life and thank God that it ended the way it did.
6. I'm not the only who can empty the dishwasher. It's true! You can do it, too! It isn't gonna kill ya, PROMISE!
7. I've learned that asking for help is very hard for me, but worth it when I can get the words out.
8. Please, for the love of Goddess. Make up your mind! Are you going to stay with him or not? I'll support your decision, just make one already.
9. I've learned that drugs and sex are a topic for discussion in our house often. It really never is too early to talk to the children about it.
10. You ask my kid to "smoke" tea again, and I will have a little chat with you. I don't care if you have a "bad" home life. You do NOT get to come into my house and pretend it's OK to do what you did.
11. I've learned that no matter how badly I want too, I can't make the pre teen girls in my life OK with their bodies. That's something they need to work out on their own. That sucks!
12. When you are in my home, do NOT use racial slurs. My skin may be as white as yours, but have you seen my father and sister?! Plus, it only makes you look ignorant, not funny.
13. I've learned that no matter how sad and heartbroken I am, there is always a pair of arms just waiting for me to run into them.
14. I work out because I'm trying to be a healthier me, don't roll your eyes at me.
15. I've learned that Zilla is a COMPLETELY different child at school then he is at home. I also, wish he was more like "school Zilla" at home.
16. You come up to me, with that look of pity in your eyes ONE MORE TIME and I won't be accountable for my actions.
17. I've learned that there is a huge difference between aquantiences and friends. I wish more people would get this.
18. Take a shower, you stink!
19. I've learned that some people aren't meant to lean on. They only want you to fix their problems.
20. You're a bad liar and can't keep a secret to save your life. That is why I don't tell you anything.
21. I've learned that middle school is just as bad as my friend told me it was. Thankfully, I listened to her and didn't think "oh not my kid".
22. She left you because your a pussy. Grow a pair and stand up for yourself.
23. I've learned that grief is a bitch, but no matter how much I run from it, that bitch will find me eventually.
24. No, I'm not over it. Accept it.
25. I've learned that using a blog name while saying a prayer, is just the same as using the person's real name. The prayer/thought will get to where it needs to be.