Apr 25, 2009

Show and Tell: Easter Pies

Musings of A Beautiful Mess

That is what I did the Saturday before Easter. I baked, A LOT! We also ran to the store a few different times because we forgot things.

I made two cherry pies, a lemon meringue pie and two chocolate mousse cheesecakes *not pictured* I cheated and bought my pie crusts *hangs head* I really wanted to make them and I was going to, but I don't have a rolling pin and I doubt the empty wine bottle I was using for cookies, would've worked for pie crusts. I'm actually really glad I bought the crusts because if I had to make my own, I would have been baking all night as well as ALL day.

All of my pies turned out great! I didn't burn any of them, nor did I under-cook any of them. Everyone ate at least a piece of pie as well as taking some home for later.

I might have done a little TOO well with Easter because I am now to have Easter at my house every year. I don't mind it. I was awfully proud of myself for pulling it all off. I can't take ALL the credit, Husband did do some of the preparations.

As soon as I get my rolling pin, I'm going to bust out a bunch of pie crusts. Just so I can show everyone that I can make them better then Marie Calenders does.

Go and see what the rest of the class brought for Show and Tell.

Photobucket

28 friends have commented:

Heather and Jase on April 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM said...

Took you long enough to blog these! I was lucky enough to see them the day they were made. Hurrah for txt'ing!


Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie!

Cara on April 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM said...

No points off for tardiness from this classmate - I posted an Easter tidbit today too!!

Great looking pies -mmmmm - and thanks so much for your iclw comment. It really touched me.

A Mom in Jacksonville, FL on April 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM said...

Holy geeze those look delicious! :)

Lori on April 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM said...

They look scrumptious!

I think Heaven must be a place with a fresh-baked cherry pie dispenser.

:-)

Candice on April 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM said...

They look so yummy. I wish I had some of that Cheesecake! I hope you get that rolling pin soon!

Best When Used By on April 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM said...

Wow. Your pies belong in a magazine! Well, pictures of them...not the pies themselves.

Gorgeous! No wonder everyone wants to come to your house for Easter!

*ICLW*

rocket.queen. on April 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...

YUM! Great job!

Now I have Custard Pie by Zeppelin stuck in my head! LOLOLOL

one-hit_wonder on April 25, 2009 at 6:25 PM said...

Yummy! Looks like a magazine photo!

I'm a good cook, but I always make subpar food for gatherings, so that I don't get asked to host and to make all the fancy dishes. I don't want all the work. lol

Frau on April 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM said...

Like others said, those are gorgeous. I can make yummy things, but not pretty ones. I'm jealous.

Kristin on April 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM said...

Beautiful pies. When are you bringing one to my house?

The Steadfast Warrior on April 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM said...

Looks like this week's show and tell is full of food! The pies look great. If I can give some advice on the rolling pin... get one the doesn't have handles. A long wooden one that tapers at the ends works great for all kinds of baking. I always find it easier to roll the pin with my hands near the middle. Handles just get in the way.

Happy baking! :)

Mr. Shelby on April 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM said...

Oh.my.god... Can I hire you to cook for Shelby and myself? Those look like a slice of heaven.

I love to cook, and if you're up for it, I'll trade you a few recipes for these delicious pies!

-Mr. Shelby

We have Angel Wings on April 26, 2009 at 7:10 AM said...

Yum! Will you come make us some pies, purddy pwease!

infertilityrocks on April 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM said...

Yum!!!!! Wanna come to my house next Easter? Of course, you have to provide the desserts!

Kymberli on April 26, 2009 at 9:19 AM said...

You didn's post the chocolate mousse cheesecakes? Travesty. I totally would have liked the screen. The other pies look delish, though. Care to share the recipe for those chocolate mousse cheesecakes? :)

Bec on April 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

oh my goodness - how awesome do they look!

mrsmoore08 on April 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM said...

mmm This post makes me hungry!

'Murgdan' on April 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM said...

Uhhhh...YUM! Oh...making me want more sweets...

Billy on April 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM said...

Yummy yummy!!
They look DELICIOUS!

Cassandra on April 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM said...

Some unsolicited advice: I really prefer French rolling pins to regular. Since they don't have moving parts, they are much easier to clean, plus I feel like I have more direct control by using my body weight to press without accounting for the spinning motion.

(Full disclosure: I don't actually like to make or eat pies, but I do have lots of pastry experience of all kinds.)

Rose's Daughter on April 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM said...

yummy!!!!

ICLW

Mel on April 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Mmmmmm! The pies look fab-boo-lous! What a talented baker! You should see the sorry-ass pie crusts I make...or "try" to make might be more accurate. :)

Good work. I give them an A++.

Coffeegrl on April 27, 2009 at 1:22 AM said...

I'm drooling over here! There are beautiful. I'm so glad that hosting Easter exceeded your expectations.

WiseGuy on April 27, 2009 at 6:21 AM said...

I am not going to comment unless you make me taste some of that which you can't hence, I won't comment!!!!


: )

Just kidding....looks yum!

SS on April 27, 2009 at 7:13 AM said...

Just beautiful! I've always found pie crusts challenging. If you have a good recipe and mthodology, would love to hear!

Deathstar on April 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM said...

Frig, I love pies - my favourite is apple pie and lemon meringue! Mmmm.

Making crust is a little tricky, don't cheap out on the shortening -no name won't do and don't overknead, that's the trick to flaky pie crusts.

cysteract on April 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM said...

Sweet cherry pie ! YUM - love the little hearts on the top Very cute!

JamieD on April 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM said...

What amazing pies! Of course you are going to host Easter every year now! I'm not surprised at all.

Are Easter garter belts going to become a tradition as well?!?!

Post a Comment

 

Life induces thoughts, Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare - Blogger Template